Welcome to Hanby Insurance
Our family makes sure your family is covered
in all your adventures, all of your life.
History of Hanby
- 1940 | On March 29, 1940, E.H. Hanby Insurance was founded by Eugene Haynes Hanby in Mesquite, Texas.
- 1957 | On September 1, 1957, Bob Robinson joined the Hanby Insurance agency.
- 1970 | January 1, 1970, Bob Robinson, the son in law of E.H. Hanby, assumes ownership of the agency.
- 1970 | November 13, 1970, the Mesquite Independent School District renamed Skeeter Field, E.H. Hanby Stadium in honor of Mr. Hanby and his 55 years of dedication to the Mesquite Skeeter football program.
- 1990 | March 29, 1990, was declared Hanby Insurance Day by the Mayor of the City of Mesquite.
- 2007 | November 1, 2007, Ramey King Insurance, one of the oldest businesses in Denton, Texas, purchases Hanby Insurance.
- 2009 | May 1, 2009, Erin Atkins joins Agents Alliance and forms Ramey King Insurance, Erin Atkins Agency in Rockwall, Texas. Erin kept the Ramey King name because of its history and family ties.
- 2012 | January 1, 2012, Erin Atkins purchases Hanby Insurance from Ramey King and forms HRK (Hanby Ramey King) Insurance, LLC.
- 2014 | September 1, 2014, Hanby Insurance moves it’s Rockwall location to the Rockwall Square inside of the Rockwall Professional Building
- 2016 | January 1, 2016, Hanby moves its Mesquite office to 211 W. Main Street (after being at the previous location for over 50 years, it was time to make a move. We didn’t go too far though – just four doors down!)
What Makes Hanby Different?
We are VERY thorough during the quote process. We ask a lot of questions. This ensures that you are getting the appropriate coverage and an accurate quote. That means when you are ready to the buy the policy there won’t be any hidden surprises.
We genuinely care about our customers. At Hanby Insurance, we know that you, our customers, provide us with a place to come work every day. We are grateful that you choose us to be your insurance agency. We work hard to stay on top of things and let you know when there are any changes to your insurance.
We offer the latest technology. In a world where things change daily we know that technology makes life easier. At Hanby, we do our best to make sure we provide our clients with convenient ways to do business with us. We have a mobile app, a text number and social media outlets.
We are highly experienced. Our team has 66 combined years of insurance experience. We are all licensed to sell and service insurance in the state of Texas. We also take classes from the National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research every year.No one wants to file a claim on their insurance. We understand the stress and inconvenience that things like this can cause. We make sure this process goes as smoothly as possible so you can get back to your daily life.